Tuesday, April 15, 2014

A Reminder That God Holds Us When We're Frightened...


Hi, all!

Today I want to tell you about the quilt shown above.  It is one of the first quilts made by Marie, a new member of our group this year.  She's doing great work and has taken to quilting like the proverbial duck to water!

This quilt was sent to a mother whose son has been deployed to Afghanistan for the past seven months.  His unit has already lost several members, and in addition to all that worry, her younger son is awaiting enlistment in the Marines.  Our church's military ministry requested a quilt, and of course we sent one to her. This week we received the following note…

Dearest Ladies,

You can't imagine how you have blessed me! The deployment of my eldest son has been so difficult.  Made even more so as a single mother.  I know God is my husband, and holds me when I'm worried and afraid for my son's life.  Your beautiful quilt makes that feel just a little more real.  How very precious!

We have heard this from so many quilt recipients, but this lovely woman said it so well.  And this is why we quilt, and give the results away - so others can know the feeling that God is holding them in His arms.

Hugs!

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. There is little in life that is more scary than the possible death of a child. Thanks for the lovely quilt sharing ministry.
    Marie made a beautiful quilt. I love that the centers are reversed on the corner squares.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete